Two posts ago I talked about all the things that I believe presidents do, or ought to do. I mentioned that I purposely left one thing out because I'm saving it for a future post. Well, here is the future post.
Jeff left a comment which basically addressed what I wanted to write about—the other important factor to consider when deciding who to vote for.
Whether anyone is conscious of it or not, the POTUS can inspire, or sour citizens of this great country. Great presidents have always set an optimistic and ambitious tone for the nation.
I know this may seem very vague and 'fluffy' but I believe this is one of the most important duties the president has while he is in office. The greatest presidents all had the ability to challenge American's to achieve great things.
Presidents like Abraham Lincoln, FDR, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan were all 'inspirational' presidents. They are known for their leadership qualities but are likely remembered more for the way they could communicate to ordinary American's, initiate new ways of thinking and build necessary confidence in times of crisis.
I believe this country is in need of another 'inspirational' president. We stand at a crossroad both economically and militarily. By my estimation the next President of the United States will be numbered in the greatest in the history of this nation. He will lead us out of rough economic times, and restore public confidence in government. He will re-establish our place in the world as a powerful nation for good and bring stability or closure to our foreign military involvement.
The next president will do all this and more, I know he will because our nation requires it. This is why we need to get our November 4th vote right.
I know this may seem very vague and 'fluffy' but I believe this is one of the most important duties the president has while he is in office. The greatest presidents all had the ability to challenge American's to achieve great things.
Presidents like Abraham Lincoln, FDR, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan were all 'inspirational' presidents. They are known for their leadership qualities but are likely remembered more for the way they could communicate to ordinary American's, initiate new ways of thinking and build necessary confidence in times of crisis.
I believe this country is in need of another 'inspirational' president. We stand at a crossroad both economically and militarily. By my estimation the next President of the United States will be numbered in the greatest in the history of this nation. He will lead us out of rough economic times, and restore public confidence in government. He will re-establish our place in the world as a powerful nation for good and bring stability or closure to our foreign military involvement.
The next president will do all this and more, I know he will because our nation requires it. This is why we need to get our November 4th vote right.
.
RSS Feed (xml)

No comments:
Post a Comment