Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas in Tucson


Christmas was great. Lynette and I went down to Tucson again to spend time with her family. Jeff was in town from Boston so it was a real family reunion.
.
We did some shopping, but mostly stayed home spending time with each other. I had a chance to experiment with a couple of Dutch Oven recipes, including Potato Soup and Chile. Both turned out pretty good.
.
We ate the soup on Christmas Eve out on the porch in front of a burning chimenea. The warm soup and home made bread (which was a gift from neighbors) was a perfect way to enjoy Chrismas eve.
.
Then of course, Christmas morning we opened presents. I love finding what was left in my stocking. Lots of Reeces, which is good...and 'buttered popcorn flavored lip gloss' which was weird. Still, everything was great.
.
I got some outdoor cooking stuff (like gloves and utensils) and computer stuff for Christmas. Everything was perfect.
.
Other notable things were...Lynette ate at Eegee's and Jeff, Lynette and I all went on a short hike in Tucson's Catalina Mountains.
.
Eating Soup out on the Porch

Chimenea:
Debbie's Present--A Movie Popcorn Maker:
Pics from Our Hike:

Mmmm. Chile....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, sorry I couldn't make it down to Tucson to make it for the hike, but it looks really nice.

Ted Standage said...

dude i totally hit up eegee's on my last tucson trip last weekend! tucson does have its bright spots :)