Thursday, January 22, 2009

Campout with Uncle Scott

Last weekend I invited my family to come camping with me. I promised a fun time with lots of activities. I wasn't sure who would actually come. I figured my brother would come with his boys and maybe some of my brother-in-laws.

Wow, was I suprised when my mom and two of my sisters wanted to come. 4 nephews and two
nieces came too. Saturday morning, more came up. So, it was awesome.

We went to one of my favorite AZ places, the site of an old ghost town named Cochran. We cooked up some pizza in dutch ovens, tested our nerve in a bat cave and sat around a warm campfire Friday night. Saturday, we built and shot model rockets, skipped rocks on the Gila River and ate some good breakfast (not in that order).

My best friend came with his son William and they served as entertainment. William is a very cool kid. Russ brought his shotgun so we shot some clay pigeons also.
.
Dutch Oven Pizza:
Jacob made chocolate cookie bars. Mmmm.
My Mom and Dad
("who proved they will do anything and everything for their grandkids")

bat cave:
(some of) the whole group

Russ and William
My sister and her husband.


I love being in the outdoors. Having family there makes it EVEN better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like fun! damond and I really need to do that more often!

Anonymous said...

that pizza and cookies look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I will try to remember it and get the instructions for our next campout.