Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas in Phoenix



It seems silly to post this after the new year, but this Christmas I often reflected on how Christ has been taken out of Christmas.

My parents, Lynette and I all went to see Christmas lights about a week before Christmas. We drove to a great street in Chandler (or maybe it was Mesa) where all the homes had huge Christmas displays.

Most were of Santa, elves, or reindeer but at the end of the street there was one house that had a 'Bethlehem' exhibit. The home owner opened up his backyard and allowed visitors to see the decorations he put up that represented the night of Christ's birth. There was a shepherd's display, a wise man display and of course, the manger display. As far as home Christmas decoration go, this one was truly unique.

I was happy somebody tried to remind others of what Christmas was truly about.

Here are the pics.
Scott



No comments: