Sunday, January 18, 2009

Go Cards!!!!!

Well, the Cardinals are going to the Super-Bowl. Who woulda thought?—Definitely, not me. I have been very guarded when it comes to rooting for the home football team this season. Even when they are leading big at half-time I still have a hard time believing they would win. But, they proved me (and many others) wrong. It’s unbelievable.

After the game, the news showed some fans holding homemade signs to encourage the players during the game. One guy held up a sign I found rather interesting. It said something like: “We are the team we always thought we were.” I thought that was a pretty profound thing to see at a ball game.

Basically, it’s true. Ralph Waldo Emerson once said: “The ancestor of every action is a thought.” The Cardinals have always been the team they believed they were. This season, they believe they are champions, and they are. I’m not sure what they believed the last few years, but I don’t think they would have called themselves champions.

The 2008 Cardinals are currently the best example for all struggling sports franchises. I think they will give hope to every struggling sports team that in as little as one year a bad team can turn things around and compete at the highest level.

Further, this team is an example to all people and gives hope that even if your circumstances do not change, you can change your circumstances.

Now that the Cardinals believe in themselves, any achievement is possible. We’ll see what happens in two weeks.
.

No comments: