Saturday, November 01, 2008

I am Scott Andreasen and I Approve this Message

After much deliberation I have decide who I will vote for. I post this for those interested. I don’t intend to influence or change your vote.

I choose Barack Obama.

After looking at all the issues, the issue that stands out to me during this election campaign is the nominee’s ability to ‘inspire’.

I believe Barack Obama will encourage our nation to reach higher and dream bigger. His presence in the minds of regular Americans could enact change that can last for generations. It signals that anyone, from any background can achieve any goal. I believe there is an inspirational void in America right now and maybe four years of Barack Obama and his family in the lime light will remind us all what can accomplished if we believe.

I realize it may seem like I’m not considering other important issues like Supreme Court Justice selections. One or two bad selections to the Supreme Court can wreak havoc on the political system for many years to come. And, with the possibility of unified government, this issue is of extreme importance this year.

But, I still believe that we will see a greater impact if seeds of hope can be planted in the hearts and minds of all Americans (particularly the youth). Millions of Americans realizing their unlimited potential will have much more far reaching affects than the life of one or two judges.

Barack Obama has clearly connected with the hearts of Americans. He motivates and inspires the younger, more open-minded generation. This motivation is the door to America’s future and I don't want to see it closed.

Although Obama will not handle the war in Iraq using the Republican handbook I believe he will restore world confidence in America. His presence alone on the international stage will speak volumes to leaders of nations and restore the trust that America desperately needs right now.

We will get through this economic situation with Barack Obama. Again, he will handle it a bit differently than Republican’s might, but he will get the right people on-board to advise him to make thoughtful and wise decisions.

His election will say to America that anything is possible and that the limits of our success are not based on who you are, but what you think and how you act. That's a message I can support wholeheartedly.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Its funny I know how you voted but not how Mark voted... He wont tell anyone. Not even his wife!

Janalee said...

After reading all your previous posts, I was sure you were leaning towards McCain - did you purposesly lead us down that road just to trick us at the end?

I just posted a quiz on mine, go see.