Upside Down Map turns two years old this week. I never imagined I'd keep at it for so long, but it's kind of addicting. Often I don't consider an experience 'complete' without blogging about it.
Anyway, in celebration of this special occasion I decided to take a break and relay what others have to say about the blog. If you'd like to add to the conversation, feel free to add a comment of your own.
Troy (a smart friend of mine getting his masters degree) says:
For your parent's fiftieth you wrote a poem. Here is mine for your blog's anniversary:
Tomorrow's your blog's birthday will be two
hopefully your readers will not be few.
Thanks Troy, I think a tear almost, sort of, started to try to form in my eye.
Jeff (of wavesandfields.blogspot.com) says:
Reading your blog reminds me of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, particularly when Alice encounters the Cheshire Cat and asks what direction she should head. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat. When Alice states that she just wants to get somewhere, the Cat responds "Oh, you're sure to do that...if only you walk long enough." It has been a pleasure to see where life has taken you these past two years, and I look forward to seeing where it will lead you in the future.
Very insightful, I'm going to add Alice in Wonderland to my library books to get list.
Jono (a old, high school, middle school, elementary school buddy) says:
“The Box Videos”
Not that they have anything to do with your blog whatsoever, but that’s what came to mind.
I think I like hearing about your scouting adventures the most. It’s cool to see “Lil’ Bro Big” developing in you, it’s impressive.
Maybe some of my readers will understand that. Hopefully.
My wonderful mother says:
Reasons why I like Scott's blog:
1. I most often read it early in the morning, when everything is quiet. It is like you saying, "Good morning, Mom. Here's what I am doing. I love you."
2. I enjoy the beautiful pictures of you and Lynette and the wonderful places you go.
3. Reading your blog keeps me in touch with the "real you."
4. I have always enjoyed reading the things you write -- starting in kindergarten.
5. I always think -- "I hope Scott makes a hard copy of this. It is a great history."
This comment reminds me of the first few episodes every season of American Idol. There is always some terrible singer who says: "But my family says I'm good." Ha ha. Seriously Mom, you've always been there to read and proof read what I write (from the story I wrote in first grade about Nathanial Hawkins (the Hawk) to my research grant proposal my last semester in college). I do often write my entries with you specifically in mind.
Ted (Author of The Lower Black River--An Outdoor Guide) says:
Of all the blogs I read and have read over the years, I have enjoyed reading yours the most by far. You always have great pics and great stories.
Thanks Ted, when are we going fishing next?
Jeremy (AZ Eye) says:
My favorite posts are as follows (not in order of best to worst):
1. Maxam the knife
2. Black River
3. Scout Outing on the Gila River
4. The one with Tomato soup (though my comment didn't get posted!)
5. Horsemanship
6. The card board boat race
7. Survivorman at West Clear Creek
8. Your truck without the doors
Thanks Jeremy, those are my favorite posts too. Sorry your comment didn't get posted...I'd rather have you mad at me than Lynette. :)
Anyway, in celebration of this special occasion I decided to take a break and relay what others have to say about the blog. If you'd like to add to the conversation, feel free to add a comment of your own.
Troy (a smart friend of mine getting his masters degree) says:
For your parent's fiftieth you wrote a poem. Here is mine for your blog's anniversary:
Tomorrow's your blog's birthday will be two
hopefully your readers will not be few.
Thanks Troy, I think a tear almost, sort of, started to try to form in my eye.
Jeff (of wavesandfields.blogspot.com) says:
Reading your blog reminds me of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, particularly when Alice encounters the Cheshire Cat and asks what direction she should head. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat. When Alice states that she just wants to get somewhere, the Cat responds "Oh, you're sure to do that...if only you walk long enough." It has been a pleasure to see where life has taken you these past two years, and I look forward to seeing where it will lead you in the future.
Very insightful, I'm going to add Alice in Wonderland to my library books to get list.
Jono (a old, high school, middle school, elementary school buddy) says:
“The Box Videos”
Not that they have anything to do with your blog whatsoever, but that’s what came to mind.
I think I like hearing about your scouting adventures the most. It’s cool to see “Lil’ Bro Big” developing in you, it’s impressive.
Maybe some of my readers will understand that. Hopefully.
My wonderful mother says:
Reasons why I like Scott's blog:
1. I most often read it early in the morning, when everything is quiet. It is like you saying, "Good morning, Mom. Here's what I am doing. I love you."
2. I enjoy the beautiful pictures of you and Lynette and the wonderful places you go.
3. Reading your blog keeps me in touch with the "real you."
4. I have always enjoyed reading the things you write -- starting in kindergarten.
5. I always think -- "I hope Scott makes a hard copy of this. It is a great history."
This comment reminds me of the first few episodes every season of American Idol. There is always some terrible singer who says: "But my family says I'm good." Ha ha. Seriously Mom, you've always been there to read and proof read what I write (from the story I wrote in first grade about Nathanial Hawkins (the Hawk) to my research grant proposal my last semester in college). I do often write my entries with you specifically in mind.
Ted (Author of The Lower Black River--An Outdoor Guide) says:
Of all the blogs I read and have read over the years, I have enjoyed reading yours the most by far. You always have great pics and great stories.
Thanks Ted, when are we going fishing next?
Jeremy (AZ Eye) says:
My favorite posts are as follows (not in order of best to worst):
1. Maxam the knife
2. Black River
3. Scout Outing on the Gila River
4. The one with Tomato soup (though my comment didn't get posted!)
5. Horsemanship
6. The card board boat race
7. Survivorman at West Clear Creek
8. Your truck without the doors
Thanks Jeremy, those are my favorite posts too. Sorry your comment didn't get posted...I'd rather have you mad at me than Lynette. :)
RSS Feed (xml)

1 comment:
Why did this anniversary get more attention than the last anniversary?
Post a Comment