My mom and dad hosted a family reunion up at their cabin a few weeks ago. Since the cabin is so small, we were lucky that the owners of the neighboring cabins let us sleep in their cabins.
I think everyone had a great time. I know we all were busy. Somehow, I drew the 'cook dinner for everybody' straw. Actually I volunteered. I made dutch oven rice and chicken. We had 3 dutch oven's going with the main course, and 3 more dutch ovens cooking cobbler. I also had another dutch oven going because I wanted to experiment with a new corn bread recipe (which really wasn't very spectacular).
Lynette decided to make cobbler from the wild berries that were growing near the creek. I had only planned two batches of cobbler so I wasn't sure we needed another, but she 'made an executive decision' and the wild berry cobbler filled the last unused dutch oven. As she predicted, her cobbler was the highlight of the meal. It was surprisingly sweet even though we didn't add any sugar. I'm sure it was the most healthy choice and probably the most tasty. Thanks Lynette.
We played a lot of games, I tagged along on a snipe hunt with the boys, Lynette did a craft for 'girls night' and the adults all played games. The next day my dad hosted some outdoor games complete with a tug of war. Some people painted rocks for the 'rock garden'. We also had a nice devotional and Duane said some very well prepared and meaningful words. Like him, I wouldn't trade the experiences I have had with my family for anything.
.
Lynette and I had a great time, and not just because we all got Andreasen Family Reunion t-shirts. It was really a great way to spend the weekend.
while I was cooking the kids were launching themselves out of the hammock.
The next day they were at it again, and got pretty good at it. Here is Samantha getting some awesome hang time.
Lynette painted a sumo wrestler for the rock garden. She loves sumo's.
Me, modeling the free t-shirt:
During this outdoor game we were all supposed to pull on the rope from the sitting position. Ideally this would end up pulling everyone else to their feet. I didn't get up right and Dad is calling me out on it. Oops.
This is how it was supposed to work:
The idea behind that activity was to show how easy it is to do certain things when we all work together as a family.
During one of the games, Damain totally scored on the candy:
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
sounds like you all had a blast together, it's definitely great being able to spend time with those who you love and love you back.....oh, and the title of this blog reminded me of a Jack Johnson song, "It's All Understood"...and yes, I like the song
I can't believe Taralynn's engaged! I taught her in my first year of teaching. Who is she getting married to? :)
she is getting married to a guy named Kory Sorbiett (not sure on the spelling?) she met him at BYU idaho!
Scott: Thanks for posting our "reunion memories." Fun pictures -- great family. The dutch oven dinner and cobbler were delicious! The rope "pickup" actually worked for me! I was on my feet before I even knew it. Love you and all our family -- Mom
Post a Comment