Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to the Swimming Hole


For our August scout outing we went back to the same place as last month. Because of gas prices we were asked to consider distance a little more when choosing a camping location. Our scheduled outing would have been around 100 miles more than if we returned here again.

It was up to the boys, and they decided they wanted to return, but to backpack in and not camp in the designated campsite. I happily agreed.

We didn't fish, but fisherman came up the creek Saturday morning and caught some right in front of us. When I saw that I really wished I had brought my fishing pole.

We mostly swam, played with the fire and ate.

Here are some pictures:

If I hadn't have been there, I would have thought someone photoshopped me into this picture.

One of the boys dads and the boys before the hike

Foil Dinners.

I instantly thought of the Norman Rockwell Boy Scout Paintings after I took this pic.
Throwing rocks never gets old.

It was a nice trip, as always.

No comments: