
When I went to ASU, I loved picking up the daily edition of the State Press (the student run newspaper). I'd read what was going on at ASU, and in the world, and without fail I always read one particular comic strip by a fellow student.
It was called F-Minus. I loved it so much I joined the fan club, way back when. The author, Tony Carrillo graduated before I did leaving a void in the comic section. The paper wasn't the same without F-Minus..
Tony's Graduation Comic Strip (a self portrait):

Well, after Tony's graduation he worked hard and got a couple of lucky breaks. Before long he got his comic strip syndicated and it was back in the State Press. That was a happy day. Now, six years later I still I get his daily comic strip e-mailed to me for my viewing pleasure. I was one of the first to buy his original self published book, and am seriously comtemplating getting his first 'official' book: F-Minus: A collection of the first year of F Minus comics by Tony Carrillo
I'm not sure why I haven't thought to post about F-Minus on my blog before, but I figured I better do it now. (I got the idea to post some of my favorite comic strips from my best friends wife. Click here to see her blog and here to see her Etsy shop).
Anyway, as a loyal F-Minus reader I'm posting some of my favorite F-Minus comic strips for your viewing pleasure.
Scott
It was very hard to narrow down my favorites, later, I'll probably do an additional post to include more. Mostly, these comic strips are some of his older stuff.



I had to include this one because Lynette and I disagree about the future of my beard:




RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
haha enjoyed the comics, especially the island and the tiger one
Hey Scott... It's Leah McFarland from high school. Did you know that Tony Carillo went to McClintock as well - he was just a year behind us.
Anyhow... it looks like you are doing well!! When you get a chance, go to http://www.mcclintock99.com to register yourself on the official Class of 99 reunion website!!
Great comics. They are probably the only reason I ever read the State Press.
Post a Comment