During the end of May, Lynette and I went on a family vacation San Diego with Lynette's parents and brother. It was a great trip. In a sentence we went to Sea World and the beach.
I think everyone on the trip had a 'de ja vu' moment. Lynette and I's moment was when we pulled into the hotel and realized that we were exactly across the street from the Discount Tire Co. that we had a flat tire fixed on our last trip to San Diego. For Lynette's brother, he realized that he stayed in a neighboring hotel one time while he was in CA playing football. Lynette's mom had a flood of memories of her childhood come back to her on the beach, and Lynette's dad remembered a good burrito he ate one time in San Diego. Ha Ha.
So, like I said, Sea World and the Beach. Sea World was cool. We, of course, went to the dolphin feeding pools and touched the Sting Rays. We saw a couple of shows that were rather entertaining, and saw Shamu. We decided to risk getting soaked by sitting a few rows from Shamu, because it's always better to say "I got soaked by Shamu" instead of "I saw Shamu". Well, we got soaked, so I'm saying it "I got soaked by Shamu." Sea World was great, and Lynette loved it, so I had a great time.
The beach was good too. Jeff and I swam a bit, but Lynette didn't want to get in the water because it was too cold for her. The waves were big and I body surfed a little. Nothing compared to what I could do when I was a teenager, but still I rode a few good waves almost all the way back into the shore. The beach is fun, lots of fun!
Here are some pics.
Scott
Lynette and I walked by this cow twice, and on the second time I agreed to have my picture taken next to it. I will never understand her...but look at her face...doesn't she look so happy?
Beware, Shamu can splash these rows.
The Beach
Lynette had to have sushi, so we stopped in this little restaurant.
There were no forks or spoons, and I was confused about what to do with the two sticks on the table.
I was much more comfortable with a burger and shake at In-N-Out.
Mama and Papa H.
Oh, and I almost forgot, in the evenings we played a few games of scrabble. Afterwards, Jeff made this and called it art. 
Very deep Jeff.
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
It was such a great trip. I enjoyed every minute of it! We're so glad we could go together as a family. Looking forward to the next trip together!
Debbie
Post a Comment