Sunday, June 22, 2008


5 Counties -

The weekend of Friday the 13th I took my niece up to Payson, met my mom and traded my niece for my dad so we could pick up some sod for his cabin. The 'sod farm' was hours away from just about everything up near St. Johns. We had a nice conversation picked up the sod and carefully made our way back to the cabin. I say carefully because of our worry that the truck was loaded down too much (see picture).

Other than the steering being wobbly (I'm glad there was no wind that day) the truck handled the load just fine. We probably had close to 2000 lbs in the back of that little pick up. I'm guessing that is more than the recommended load, but we made it ok.

After "helping" put in the sod I decided to go over to Clear Creek to camp overnight with the church I attend. They had mentioned the opportunity to fish there so I decided to check it out. I managed to forget my fishing rod, but the fishing wasn't that good anyway, so it didn't bother me much.

Considering gas prices, it probably was a bad weekend to drive through 5 counties (Maricopa, Gila, Navajo, Apache and Yavapai), but I got to see pieces of AZ that I have never visited before and found them to be very beautiful. As is always the case...the more I see of AZ the more I want to explore.

Hopefully gas prices will go down soon.

Scott

Ride to Payson

Lowrider

No comments: