Update -
In general, I haven’t been posting as much here on my blog as last semester. I’m increasingly getting more and more busy with school, research and work. Here’s a quick update about us (which should have been written about a week and a half ago).
Lynette got accepted to ASU (which is very unique), California State and Colorado State. She also has had a couple of interviews with Towson University and is waiting to hear back from that school. Some of her other applications got lost in the mail (or rather in the huge organizations called Universities) so she was not considered for those schools (because the application was incomplete). And another school is not accepting any grad students in metals this year (it would have been nice to have known that before submitting the application).
Lynette got quite excited about going to CA. I didn’t get as excited about that. Living in LA seems too stressful. Although I think it would be awesome to design freeways, I hate to drive on them in rush hour, and LA has long rush hours. But I started looking for jobs there.
Then we found out about Colorado State. When I heard that option, it just seemed right. Fort Collins is a smaller town and will be less stressful and Lynette thinks they have a better program. The cost of living will be less, but tuition is higher…go figure. My main concern was housing. If we sell our house here, and don’t buy another (which would be likely in CA) it will be very hard to get into a house after grad school. We could do it, but we’d have to stay disciplined to not spend the money we made by selling our house here (for a future down payment). I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to buy something in Fort Collins.
So now our focus is on Colorado. I’ve contacted about 8 companies about employment in Fort Collins and am praying that one of them works out. If one of them bites, we’ll be moving to Colorado (assuming we have no problem selling our house).
We just keep praying.
Scott
In general, I haven’t been posting as much here on my blog as last semester. I’m increasingly getting more and more busy with school, research and work. Here’s a quick update about us (which should have been written about a week and a half ago).
Lynette got accepted to ASU (which is very unique), California State and Colorado State. She also has had a couple of interviews with Towson University and is waiting to hear back from that school. Some of her other applications got lost in the mail (or rather in the huge organizations called Universities) so she was not considered for those schools (because the application was incomplete). And another school is not accepting any grad students in metals this year (it would have been nice to have known that before submitting the application).
Lynette got quite excited about going to CA. I didn’t get as excited about that. Living in LA seems too stressful. Although I think it would be awesome to design freeways, I hate to drive on them in rush hour, and LA has long rush hours. But I started looking for jobs there.
Then we found out about Colorado State. When I heard that option, it just seemed right. Fort Collins is a smaller town and will be less stressful and Lynette thinks they have a better program. The cost of living will be less, but tuition is higher…go figure. My main concern was housing. If we sell our house here, and don’t buy another (which would be likely in CA) it will be very hard to get into a house after grad school. We could do it, but we’d have to stay disciplined to not spend the money we made by selling our house here (for a future down payment). I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to buy something in Fort Collins.
So now our focus is on Colorado. I’ve contacted about 8 companies about employment in Fort Collins and am praying that one of them works out. If one of them bites, we’ll be moving to Colorado (assuming we have no problem selling our house).
We just keep praying.
Scott
The question is...L.A.:



or Ft. Collins:


Personally, I like Fort Collins.
RSS Feed (xml)

1 comment:
I agree Scott. If I had to choose it would probably be Colorado. I guess it's because I've lived in California. And I can tell you from personal experience. Sitting in traffic on the freeway. Not great! But like any new experience. It should be your experience. Live it for yourself. I've decided I like the wide open spaces, where we live now is so beautiful.
Debbie
Post a Comment