
Oops –
Ok, I was supposed to take the FE Exam (Fundamentals of Engineering) next month but I forgot to sign up. The FE Exam is sort of like a mini Bar Exam. Basically once I pass it I will become an EIT (Engineer In Training) and then I will have to work for several years (I think 4) to take the PE Exam (Professional Engineering) to become a real engineer. The PE Exam is THE Bar Exam for Engineers.
I first had to register with the State of AZ so they could tell me I am eligible and then I had to register with the national administrators of the exam. Well, I did the first step (early, I might add) but completely spaced the second step. That was due on March 1st and I obviously missed it. Grrr.
The only thing this does to me is make me not eligible to take the PE Exam as soon and I won’t get the EIT letters next to my name as soon. This may not be a big deal to some employers, but I am worried that this might affect my chances at a job. Normally seniors take the FE Exam. My not taking it will undoubtedly lead to the question of why? Also, its good to take the FE Exam while still in schools because the material is still fresh in your mind.
I hope this won’t affect my job hunt in Colorado too drastically. I left my resume for approximately 23 different places in and around Fort Collins. Most of them were not actively looking for more employees. I just need to catch the eye of one of them to get a job. A few look somewhat encouraging, but nothing is set in stone yet. I’ll keep you posted on how that is going.
The drawing above is a project I have been working on for the City of Tempe. I drew this using a free Google program called Google Sketchup. The program is pretty easy to use, you should check it out (www.sketchup.com).
Scott
Friday, March 16, 2007
Posted by Scott A. at 1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed (xml)
No comments:
Post a Comment