Friday, October 20, 2006


Go Suns!!!

Lynette called me yesterday at work and asked if I wanted to go see a Suns game. I said ‘YES!!!’ She then asked who I would want to take I said ‘You of course.’ Unfortunately she had to work, so I had to find someone else to take. That was a little tricky. I first called up David (brother-in-law) but he was coaching a ball game…so then I got this great idea to ask my sister Heather.

She sounded excited to go, but said that she would only go if I couldn’t find anyone else to go with. She also warned me that she has been told she is ‘boring to take to sporting events’. So I hung up, determined to find someone to go with me. But, the more I thought about it, the more I wanted go with her. I ended up not calling anyone else and called her an hour later and told her I wanted to go with her. She said ok. We figured a meeting place and time and then hung up.

So, when I got to the meeting place at the appropriate time, I couldn’t find my sister. I did see my dad, which I thought was weird. When he saw me he said, ‘where did you park?’ like he knew what I was doing there. I told him I was waiting for Heather to go to the game with, and we started walking to the car together. I figured out that Heather had sent my dad instead of her.

I was really never disappointed. I’m glad Heather sent my dad instead of someone else. He probably was one of the few people that I would have considered a good ‘replacement’.

Heather, you’re not off the hook yet. I still want to go to a ball game with you.

Anyway, the game was great. Dad noticed that the arena plays load ‘frantic’ sounding music when the away team has the ball. This probably is psychological, putting the away team on their heels in a more frantic mode. When the Suns have the ball there is no music, or the music is a little calmer. Next time you go to a Suns game you should try to notice that. It will surprise you.

I love watching the Suns. I’ll be a fan for life. I’m confident they will do well this season.

Scott




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you see how the Jazz whooped on the Suns the other night?

-Kellen Wilson