Last week, I got up early to go to work and noticed this (above) on Lynette's truck when I was backing out of my parking space.

In case you can't tell, the back tire is flat.
.
So, wishing I hadn't have been so observant, and knowing the guilt I would feel if I prentended not to notice, I went to work putting on the spare.
.
.
The rims on the truck are after market, and the stock lug wrench would not fit.
.
.

The first problem was fixed easily enough. I went and bought another lug wrench at Walmart.
.
.
Then, I got back and continued to replace the tire and to my suprise my jack did not raise the truck up high enough. In November 2006 that truck was broken into and among other things, the jack was stolen (check out this post: No Doors). I guess the replacement jack from the insurance company was the wrong size.
.
.
By this time it was hot, and I was irritated. I could have just put a brick under the jack, but I knew I would want a usable jack in the truck in case of future disaster so I just went ahead and bought one.
.So, finally, with all the correct tools I put the spare tire on the truck. Even though it was still relatively early it was hot and my clothes were dirty. I had to go take another shower and change my clothes. So, on a morning when I was planning to get to work early I actually arrived late. Go figure.
.
.
Anyway, looking back I'm glad Lynette and I never got a flat going to or from Tucson. I'm happy now knowing that if the truck gets another flat we will be able to fix it.
Scott
RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
I am happy that you didnt pretend you didnt see it. Thanks for taking good care of me. And for sweating and getting dirty so I didnt have to.
I guess you guys live a little too close. My tire luck is wearing off on you:)
About 3 weeks ago I was at the intersection right by our house when I realized I had a flat tire (Yes, again). So I thought, pull over and change it myself, or drive 20 more feet and let Alan do it.
I drove home, walked in and said, "Come on Alan, let me teach you how to change a tire."
It was the first tire he'd ever changed . He did great!
I did not have a flat tire, but I did find a nail stuck in the front tire. Bary, being a wonderful and thoughtful husband that he is, told me to take the car to Costco so they can fix it for me. I did. However, one of the mechanics told me that they can not fix it because it was too close to the edge. Ugh! This bad situation turned out great because we had to buy a new tire and they gave me a new one to match. Yahoo! I love Costco!!
Post a Comment