I mentioned in May that my folks are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary (Bluebirds Perch). That's a lot of years. Lynette and I will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in the year 2053. In that year there might be flying cars and planes that can affordably take us to the colonies on the moon.Actually, I doubt that. I think we'll be lucky if by 2053 we've developed alternative energy sources to power our homes and vehicles. But I am sure that in the year 2053 the 2008 Wii technology will seem like Atari seems to us now. Wii Bowling will be the new Pong, and the boxing game will seem as basic as Pac-Man.
Anyway, us siblings all got together and decided to throw a party. Actually, the party was more like a reception. Over 200 people were invited and all that came had a wonderful time. We didn't tell mom and dad of any of our plans so I'm sure they were as anxious to see what was going on as anyone but I know they were very pleased with how it all turned out.
My siblings all did a lot of work, and their efforts were well worth it. The place looked great, and the atmosphere was wonderful.
Here are some pictures. I love my parents.
Scott
.
I wonder what we'll look like in 50 years...Hanging out with family:
.JPG)
Party Decorations:
Centerpieces:
Me and my parents:They're great.
RSS Feed (xml)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Thanks, Scott, for being such a wonderful son. We love you. The 50th Party was great. Hope we are around for your! Love, Mom
Post a Comment