Lynette and I were apart for the Fourth of July. She went to Tucson for a friends wedding and I decided to stay here at home. I cleaned the house, did some relaxing, fiddled with our budget, finished the book I was reading and worked on converting my blog into a book.
.
Even though I stayed busy the whole time it was strange being alone on the Fourth. To me this is a holiday for family and friends to be together and enjoy the life this nation allow us to live. I did go to an Independence Day breakfast, and I was able to spend time with my folks, nieces and nephews but it wasn’t the same without Lynette.
.
As many Americans do, I grilled up some pork chops for the evening of Independence Day. I had been invited by both my sister and parents to spend some time with them, but I decided to stay home and work on my book. All in all, it was an uneventful but productive evening.
.
I'm including some pictures of our trip last weekend to Tucson. A storm suprised everyone, but it stopped as suddenly as it came, leaving the desert a tiny bit wetter and this beautiful double rainbow.
.
Scott
RSS Feed (xml)
No comments:
Post a Comment