Saturday, April 26, 2008




Bike Ride #4 -

This weekend I went on another bike ride with my nephew. We rode for 15 miles. My mom was taking another one of my nephews fishing for his birthday (what a great thing for Grandparents to do!) and I wanted badly to tag along. This would be his first time fishing ever. I love to help boys learn to fish…it is one of my favorite things to do. But I had committed to Marcus to help him get his merit badge.

So, we decided to ride by the ponds where my mom (and dad) would be fishing with my nephew Jacob. I got there in time to see Jacob struggling to find the courage to put a worm on his hook. For some reason he couldn’t pick up the worms. I helped him put a worm on and it was that worm that caught him his first fish.

We probably stayed there a bit too long. I did cast in once and got a great bite. I’m quite certain I caught a fish, but the hook wasn’t tied well and I lost it. I wasn't using my fishing rod, so I don't know about the knot...it could have been a snag or something else entirely...either way, I was very disappointed to bring in the line and not even have a hook.

Anyway, Jacob caught one fish while I was visiting and 3 others after I left. I think it is awesome my mom and dad took time to help Jacob learn to fish.

Other than that, our ride was pretty uneventful. Nearing the end we decided to take a detour to go up on a bridge that crosses the US 60. We stopped and got a couple of good pictures up there.

Scott

ps. 60 miles down, 90 to go.





Arriving at the fishing spot:


No comments: