Friday, May 09, 2008


Paul Bunyan -

.
Our May outing took us all the way to the top of the rim to do some real scouting. The older scouts taught the younger scouts how to use a compass, use a knife, sharpen an ax and because we were playing with so many sharp objects we thought it would be good to review first aid.

To me, this is the ideal type of scout outing--we were busy, the boys were all active and teaching or learning. It was very effective.

I borrowed my brother-in-laws truck so I was able to take all the boys in the truck together. This proved to be very good for all of them to bond and become better friends but it was slightly annoying for me.

At 7600 feet there was still snow on the ground even in May. I was suprised and enjoyed the cool weather.
.
Scott
.

One of the Moms provided birthday cake for us in honor of her sons birthday:

No comments: