Snow Outing 2007 -
Our scout troop had its annual ‘Snow Outing’ this weekend. It was COLD. The snow never stopped throughout the entire trip. The weather report said the high temp was about 38 degrees, the low was about 15. Burr.
The kids were warm, and actually never got wet, so that was good. They had plenty of extra sleeping bags and actually had a great time.
This trip was especially nerve racking for me because the scoutmaster for the troop recently moved to Texas. The troops sponsor has not yet chosen a new scoutmaster so I and another assistant are running the show until that happens.
I was really worried because this outing was typically one where at least one boy has a miserable time. I actually threw up before the outing because of nerves (sorry if that was gross). Some of the other adult leaders would have certainly cancelled had I given them the opportunity but I did not want to cancel a SNOW OUTING because of SNOW. What kind of message would that have sent the boys?
Luckily, and because of some extra snow gear from my sister, everyone stayed dry and warm. The kids actually had a great time. Friday night we made popcorn (they didn’t know popcorn could be made without a microwave) and Saturday morning they had breakfast and played.
I’m glad we went and stayed warm. It was lots of fun.
Scott







No comments:
Post a Comment