A Note—
I had a week to decide, but couldn’t. I called the new company and they said I could take another week to decide. So I stressed out over the decision for an entire week more. In my mind I was deciding between ‘a better long term outlook’ and ‘more money now’. I really felt like I should change, but so many factors were telling me I couldn’t. I think my mom even told me I should ‘follow the money’.
Ultimately, after much deliberation, I went against what I ‘should have’ done and decided to do what I felt was right. I changed jobs.
Well, since then I have proven myself to my boss and got the raise I would have gotten had I stayed at my old job. But, more importantly, I just found out that my old company is going through some rough times and had to lay several people off—including all the interns. I’d like to think that I would not have been included in that group, but probably could have been laid off last week had I stayed.
Scott
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
Mom corrected me. She did not say 'Follow the Money' she said 'Sometimes Money Talks'.
Thanks Mom.
Post a Comment