Friday, December 15, 2006


Henry Fords Secret -

Yeah!!!! The day has finally arrived. Lynette graduated from ASU. It is such a relief, especially because this last week has been very stressful on Lynette.

I just have to say that anyone who works full time, and goes to school full time is either amazing or crazy. I think Lynette is both. The late nights staying in the studio and going to Kinko’s at 3 am are now behind us. Hopefully now when we go out late at night it will be to get some ice cream or something.

Lets see, since Lynette and I have been married (3+ years) Lynette probably has had…well…7 jobs, and I can’t think of a time when she had less than two jobs. On top of that her classes require a major time commitment (probably more so than does engineering). She aced her Art History classes without problem, and spent most of her time working on studio classes. Classes like: Drawing, Painting, Jewelry, Metals, 3D, Woodworking, Photography, Digital Arts, and Fibers.

Apparently the School of Art suggests you only take two studio classes per semester (anything more than that will be too stressful). Most of the time, Lynette did four. And, she took extra art classes this semester that weren't required for graduation, just because she wanted too.

Like I said, she is either amazing or crazy…but I say both.

Many times I thought to myself that Lynette was biting off more than she could chew, and that it would finally catch up with her so she’d learn her lesson. But it never happened. Lynette has this amazing ability to make everything work. Determination, will power, hard work, combined with her artistic skills and attention to detail always produced beautiful work in every class.

I found this quote several months ago, and think it describes Lynette. Originally, it was found tucked away in a book in Henry Ford’s estate several years after his death. It was written in his wife’s handwriting:

Bite off more than you can chew—and chew it.
Dare to do more than you can do—and do it.
Hitch your wagon to a star,
Keep your seat—and there you are.

Looking back, I’m glad Lynette bit of more than she could chew, because she chewed it. Lynette never dropped a class, or took the easy way, she always dared to do more than she was capable and somehow did it.

I think I’ve hitched my wagon to a star and I’m looking forward to keeping my seat to see where she takes us.

Congratulations Lynette! I hope you never lose your determination and hard work.

Love
Scott







Her mom was so proud

Lynette and cousin Brian:

Celebration Dinner at Macaroni Grill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lynette! We love the balloon picture. Love you too. Mom and Dad