Monday, December 11, 2006

Finals II –

Lynette and I are still in finals mode. Lynette graduates on Thursday. Yeah!!!!!!!! She still is working hard to get A’s in all her classes (she’s graduating Magna Cum Laude). This is a pic of her working on one of her projects for her fibers class. She made a ‘security blanket’. Basically she sewed a bunch of credit cards onto a blanket surrounding 50 stars. The piece reflects the common (modern) American belief that credit cards act as a safety net. It also subtly, addresses the problem that many American’s face: household debt.

Anyway, I took this picture because it shows how we are during this week. I probably took this at around 11:30 pm. (Note the Dr. Pepper, popcorn, pudding and the blow pop wrappers). Lynette is incredibly busy but still says she is having fun, and is happy. All I can do is believe her.

One night, she stayed at the metals studio until 5:30 am. She arrived home and when she laid down to go to sleep my alarm clock went off. That was funny/sad/ironic/annoying all at the same time. She rested for 2 hours and got up and did the same thing all over again the next day.

Last night, I took a break from my studying to go to a family Christmas party. My sister put together a nice program where my nieces and nephews acted out the nativity scene. The purpose of the program was to display the birth of Christ, and to try to get us to think about why we remember Him at this time. I thought it was very good.

Here are some pictures of the program:

Mackenzie as Mary:


Toby as Joseph:

Since my Grandma was there my sister decided to get a picture of 5 generations of from our family: Morgan, Alice, Teena, Eva and Cami

Scott

No comments: