So, in Varsity Scouts, after the AutoMechanics Topic, we started a new topic: "Movie Making" with the intent of producing some sort of film. One of the first activities was to visit a film production studio in Phoenix. A guy from CopperPost was willing to give us a tour of his studio and talk about his job. The studio is located in the same location that the Wallace and Ladmo show was filmed way back when...(if you are an AZ native you probably will remember Wallace and Ladmo and their prized Ladmo bags).
The picture above is of Patric next to a really fancy camera. This is one of only two or three in Phoenix. I can't remember what the camera was called. Basically, it was expensive.
Our boy leader really got excited about this topic, it was great to see him learning to really lead. I think it's activities like this...where the leader really wants to lead...that the boys to take major strides in their leadership abilities. The picture below is the guy who talked to us about his film making career.
I'm not going to give away any info about the film, but I was cast to be Santa (not a jolly Santa, but a sinister Santa). I probably could pull off jolly (maybe), but I definetly can't pull off sinister...so I did my best. My only fear is that my performance unintentionally turned the production into a comedy.
The church was definelty a circus the nights we filmed there.
RSS Feed (xml)






1 comment:
Scott: Do we ever get to see your movie? Mom
Post a Comment