Thursday, September 03, 2009

Fishing

I was very happy that I had the chance to take the 12 year old scouts fishing last month. I helped them earn their fishing merit badge. The outing was a success and every one caught atleast 1 fish. The picture above is my new favorite fishing picture...I only wish the fish was bigger.

To earn the badge, the boys are required to catch a fish:

Clean a fish:

Cook a fish:

and eat a fish:
Ha ha...no, they didn't eat the raw fish, they ate their cooked fish.

For an extra badge, some of the boys kissed a fish:

again, just kidding...

When we weren't fishing from the creek shores, we were jumping in.


and the water was COLD!

I definetly didn't get any style points for this jump:
Teaching kids to fish is among my greatest joys in life...so far.
And this outing was VERY successful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! Mom