Monday, August 31, 2009

Little Fish

My friend wanted to try out a new spot that he heard of that has good fishing...so he called me up and one evening we went out to the lower Salt River.

We saw some free ranging horses (which Bryce thought were wild), otter, lots of birds and a skunk.

When we heard the skunk, it was in a shadow and we couldn't tell what it was, so naturally we started tossing rocks in it's general direction. Finally the skunk came out of the shadows (a little irritated about the rocks) and we decided we needed to leave.

I can't believe I was throwing rocks at a skunk....
.
The otters sort of creeped me out. I like wading into the water to fish (when possible) and having the otters dive in near me and not knowing where they were going or their intentions made me want to fish from the shore.
.
This was the only fish we caught and it was sooo tiny.

But I still managed to drop my pole with the fish on there...(I'm glad I got it back...)
Here's my good fishing buddy Bryce (I know we are friends because even after he starting having kids he still wanted to hang out).
We definetly are going to come back and fish this spot again. I know there are some big ones out there.

No comments: