Our big Varsity Scout event this year was to go to a camp especially designed for older boys. One of the closest camps of this nature was up in Moab Utah. This camp was great. Instead of focusing on leatherwork or beadwork or wood carving like many scout camps do this camp was all about the high adventure.
.
We were up there for three days and this is what we did: 1) Climbing and Rapelling 2) White Water Rafting 3) Mountain Biking and Shooting.
.
There can't be a better spot to do all this than where we were in Moab, UT. The whole week was awesome and better than anything we could have prepared on our own.
.
I got to borrow this truck from one of the boys dads. This truck was so awesome that I was sad to start driving my S-10 again after returning home.
Rapelling down a rather high cliff.
We did some rock climbing too. One of our guys was the third person to climb up and touch the carabiner all summer. (it was a fairly challenging wall...even the climbing directors couldn't make it to the top)
I gave it a try and failed miserably (as was expected)
This snake distracted my belayer at just about the same moment I was about to fall...so, I got a huge bruise on my leg from the harness. Ouch. Here is me falling:
We asked some locals were a good place to swim is and they directed us to this swimming hole.
I'll be happy if I never go there again. I didn't think it was very safe, and it was BUSY.
Here is me and my new best friend rafting down the Colorado River.
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
What a great trip. Looks fun, and sometimes kind of scary. Great pictures. You can never post too many pictures for me. Love your blog! Mom
Post a Comment