Sunday, September 21, 2008

Humdrum


Is it just me or is the presidential election getting boring? I’ve always considered my civic responsibility of voting a sacred duty, but this political season is making it hard for me to want to vote. Both candidates are boring.

It wasn’t always that way. Early on, the primary elections were very exciting. Front runners from both parties lost the nomination in dramatic and remarkable ways. I think the excitement of the elections peaked in February. Super-star Barack Obama’s speeches were more inspiring and the hurdles under-dog John McCain was jumping were much higher.

I was intently interested in the Republican primaries and actually wrote several political blog posts that I never published. Basically the entire charade made me feel disenfranchised with the party and caused me to change my political affiliation.

The Sarah Palin VP pick did give my flat lined political interest a small jolt, but now that the novelty has worn off, I’m back to being indifferent.

I’m still going to vote, but I’m not yet sure for whom. Neither option seems like the best choice to me.

I could write more now about how I feel on this subject, but even considering the candidates this much is making me bored. I’ll for sure write more about this before Nov 4th, but it just may never get published.
.
Who cares what I think anyway? (purely a rhetorical question)

5 comments:

Sung said...

I am very excited to vote. I feel like this election is so important for our future, so I am calling in today to get my mail-in ballot.

Anonymous said...

Nobama!

Anonymous said...

Now is the time when speaches are in the air! (and vise-versa)

Unknown said...

Hi Scott-
I just happened upon your, Russ, and Robs family blogs. It's been so fun catching up with you guys!
Glad to see that you guys are well.
Damond may have to get in touch with you, as he is the Assistant Varsity Troop leader or something like that. It sounds like you know really good campouts. Our family loves to go camping near water! It's a must with the boys :)

I agree with the whole presidential campaign. I think it should be a do-over or in a perfect world everyone would write in Mitt Romney :D

Christy said...

You sound like me and Mark. We were all fired up during the primaries... and when both our candidate of choice were out it got much quieter around here.

Mark and I tend to disagree politically, but now days we agree-no good choice.