Seattle -
.
Last week Lynette and I went to Seattle because some of her artwork is being shown in a gallery there. It was a good trip. I could focus on everything about it I didn't like, but that would ruin everything that went well. Besides, there were alot more things that I did enjoy than that I didn't enjoy.
.
We arrived Wednesday morning and took the city bus to our hotel in downtown Seattle. We decided not to rent a car because of $$. It was nice not having a car, but we did do a lot of walking around. If I was to go back again I still would not rent a car, and not for money reasons, parking alone would just have been too much of headache.
Our hotel was/is very old. I thought it was something right out of the Ghost Busters movies. I half expected Slimer to come in through the walls at any moment. It's called the Moore Hotel and there is an associated theater. When I told a co-worker where we stayed she informed me that this was the location of one of Nirvana's first concerts. I guess the theater has some history (it's been around for over 100 years). I'm sure lot's of other famous bands have played there.
The Decemberists were playing that week, but we didn't go. There was a pretty good line waiting for tickets. I felt really bad for one teenage couple in particular who was waiting in the cold and rain and were not prepared for that kind of weather. They looked miserable. But I guess they are die hard fans. Their lips were blue, either from the cold or because they wanted them that way, I don't know.
Anyway, the hour time difference confused us a little. Lynette was asked to give a lecture on her work at the gallery so when we arrived at the gallery at the appropriate time we were informed we were two hours early. Oops. You gain 1 hour going to Seattle but we for some reason thought we lost it (hence the two hours).
This post is getting too long. Rather than shortening this I'm just going to start a new one now.
.
RSS Feed (xml)
No comments:
Post a Comment