Underground Tour -Aside from Lynette being a guest lecturer, we were also tourists in Seattle. We went up in the Space Needle, visited Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square, visited 'chinatown' and took a tour of the tunnells under Seattle's sidewalks.
To me the thing that was most interesting was the Underground Tour. Since Seattle was founded the town raised the terrain to get the town out of the 'mud flats' created by the sea tides. But the original businesses and home owners did not want to rebuild their buildings. So the streets were raised (by as much as 60 feet in some cases) around the existing infrastructure. This resulted in tunnels under the city. We got to tour some of the tunnells which opened our eyes to another world that existed just below the surface. I never would have believed these things existed if I hadn't seen them myself.
Lynette and I did have a romantic dinner at a little local Italian Restuarant. Afterwards we walked to the Space Needle for a beautiful view of Seattle at night. That night was just about as perfect as it could have gotten.
We wanted to take a harbor cruise, but were unable to fit it into our schedule. I also got to see a friend that I graduated with who is now working for the same company I am, but in Seattle. He showed me his office up on the 23rd floor of a high rise building. That was pretty cool.
Scott
This is a cool pic of an old church reflected off a business building:
Me and Clif:

RSS Feed (xml)
No comments:
Post a Comment