Tuesday, January 01, 2008


Beware of Sasquatch –

This Christmas was again very fun. We went to Lynette’s parents house and spent time with her parents, brother and grandparents. This year was a good year for both giving and receiving. We were able to buy Lynette a sewing machine and a tripod for her camera. I got (among other things) the cool T-shirt with the logo you see above, a cordless drill a (much needed) new scout shirt and money for new shoes.

On Christmas Eve Lynette and I drove to Summer Haven up on Mount Lemon. We took a few pictures of the snow and ate fudge at one of the shops up there. At one point Lynette threw a snowball at me, but the snow had re-frozen and hit me like a rock. The impact hurt a little, but it was definitely more funny than it hurt so we just laughed together. She posted a few of the snow pictures on her blog. Click here to see them.

Jeff made us a couple of bonfires in the evenings and we enjoyed each others company. We also played Parcheesi (which I should have won, but there was a loophole in the game rules), Monopoly and of course, Scrabble.

All weekend people seemed to be dropping by Lynette’s parents home bringing cookies, candy and fudge. With that endless supply of goodies and with a great dinner Christmas day we went home feeling very well fed.

The picture above is the graphic from a t-shirt I got for Christmas.

On a sad note, I found out Christmas day that my sister’s son died in Japan from complications relating to a seizure. I feel for very sad for his wife and for my sister as they mourn the loss of a hero.

Scott


Bonfire

Trying on my new headlamp

I also have been wanting this book for a while. Thanks Lynette!
.
She loves turtles

Parcheesi
.

Lynette took this on our drive up to Summer Haven. I call this picture "Snowcone".
Currently, this is my computers desktop wallpaper.

2 comments:

Janalee said...

I like how respectfully you speak of your inlaws. Like you enjoy them. Most people whine about/are sarcastic regarding inlaws.

Lynette said...

Janalee,
I am embarassed that you read my husbands blog posts before I do. Im a bad wife!:)