Friday, August 17, 2007


Things Got Worse -

I never knew my Dads mother, but growing up Dad did mention her sometimes. He said that she always used to say something like this:
.
"People told me, 'Cheer up, things could be worse'…so I cheered up and SURE ENOUGH THINGS GOT WORSE!"

Grandma Honey

Well Grandma, I think I know what you mean.

You’ve probably all read the post about the AC in our house going out (or at least you’ve looked at the pictures). Now, something is going on with Lynette’s truck. It looks like it could be the transmission, or the clutch. I need to have someone who knows what they are doing check it out before we assess the damage that will be done to our bank account. Until then, we are sharing my car and pinching our pennies.

Through it all, I have to say that we have been blessed despite these major problems. I felt like I was guided when I opened the Yellow-Pages to Northwind Air Conditioning and they offered $1700 less than the original quote from another company. I’m not sure why I chose to call them, but that name stood out in my mind, and I did. I feel very lucky that Jake Greer from Northwind Air was able to come out and give us a great quote on such short notice.

Then, the major problems with Lynette’s truck happened within 0.2 miles from our home. She was at least was able to get home despite the trouble and being stuck in the middle of a major street for approximately 10 minutes.

And, last but certainly not least I have felt an outpouring of love and support from my family. Although we didn’t say yes to everyone who offered us a place to sleep, offered us their car to drive and other favors, we truly appreciated all the help they are willing to give. I could tell they all were genuinely willing to give up whatever for our comfort.

Times like this make me realize that family is, without doubt, the most important thing in life.

Scott
.
Here are some more pics I found while looking through an old photo album:
.
Grandma Honey and Grandpa Juel.
Here is a pic of my uncle that made me laugh.

3 comments:

Deborah’s Desert Creations said...

It's a wonderful feeling to know that your family will always welcome you into their home regardless of your situation. I'm so very glad that some of your family lives close enough to you that you can accept their help! Since 1986 we have lived in Tucson without family until 2004 when Dean's parents moved here. We've had very good friends that I consider family. And I am very grateful to them. It's difficult when your family lives out of the state.
I really enjoy the photo's and your blog. It gives me an opportunity to get to know you in a way that I might not neccessarily have at any other time.
Take care of yourself. I hope things will be better this week.

Breanne said...

That silouette picture is very cool. What a finding!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the insite. love ya!