Wednesday, July 04, 2007


July Fourth -

On this years Independence Day it’s probably a good idea to reflect on why we have the freedoms we do. The Declaration of Independence was a petition for freedom which was fought for and won using both mind and body. There have always been people willing to die for this country since the idea was hatched. The muscle that gave birth to this country and has protected it ever since should always been honored, revered and respected. We would not be able to enjoy the freedoms we have if it were not for the volunteer's in our armed forces that stand on call to protect and defend this country from outside harm.

Additionally, the principles upon which this nation was based play a large part in the nation's success, wealth and the happiness of the people. The founding fathers established a system that could both stay rooted to the principles which have passed the tests of time and allowed change in policies that respond to the needs of the people and the conditions of the day.

There is no doubt that the founding of this nation was a miracle. I am blessed to have been born here. I feel like I have won the "genetic lottery". I couldn't have asked for a better home, family and country to grow up in. It's something I hope to never take for granted.

Happy 4th everyone!! I hope that as you enjoy the fireworks, movies and barbeques you remember to thank God you are able to live in this great nation and enjoy the blessings and freedoms we enjoy.

Scott

This is Lynette's uncle in Afganistan



Can you name all these men?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott: Amazing~ I hope you never lose your love for history and country. Happy 4th of July. Love, Mom