.
In my last blog post I mentioned that we weren't able to make it to the top of the mountain we intended to climb. That disappointment made me want to get to the top more than anything. So, the day after Thanksgiving, my sister and I with a couple of nephews decided to go for a hike.
It was cold that day and I worried that it would rain, but it didn't. When we got to the trailhead, we couldn't even see the top of the mountain because the clouds had lowered and gathered near the summit.
Still, I was determined to get to the top, so we did.
There wasn't a trail, so we followed cairns sometimes, and often we followed arrows that someone had spray painted on the side of the cliff. We had to do some 'scrambling' in parts. The scrambling resembled mountain climbing but on a smaller scale and with out the need for ropes.
The main "feature" about this hike is that someone has carried a mailbox to the top of the mountain and posted it at the highest point. Inside are journals where hikers have written their names and thoughts. The views were good too.
.
Once at the top, we sat and rested. Looked in the mailbox and then came back down.
It was a fun hike and I am glad I got to go with my sister. We went on a hike last year after Thanksgiving so I think we are starting a new tradition.
.
RSS Feed (xml)
No comments:
Post a Comment