Birthday -
I decided I wanted to go for a drive and see the desert for my birthday. I know I'm alone on this, but I prefer to see the most beautiful spring desert scenary over the most beautiful forest scenary. I don't know what it is, but I love the desert.
I wanted to explore the Gila River east of Florence and I believe we found one of Arizona's gems. There was this little valley on the river that was absolutely breathtaking.
Anyway, Lynette took some great pictures of the wildflowers. The desert was as green as I've ever seen it. And, it's only going to get better. Had we been there 4 or 5 day's later the wildflowers would have been in full bloom. Looking closer at some of the bushes I could see hundreds of flowers just about ready to bud. I can't imagine how that particular valley would look when all of the flowers open. I'm planning on going back the 28th so hopefully the blossoms will still be in bloom then.
There was also some old kiln's that some settlers built in the early 1900's. I'll have to hike up to them some day to see them in person. They looked rather large.
Here are the pics. I told Lynette that, for me, that birthday activity was perfect for turning 27.
Scott
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
gorgeous flowers. We're going camping tomorrow outside of AJ, I think there should be flowers like that up the mountain.
Happy Birthday Scott!
Those pics turned out great Scott! Hope you had a great birthday and I'll see you this weekend!
I hope you had a great birthday.
Post a Comment