Tuesday, November 27, 2007


November 10th

I went with my good friend Sergio, his little brother and another bio-engineering friend Adama (who is now in medical school) with his girlfriend to Vultee Arch in the Red Rock country of Sedona. I had wanted to visit this natural bridge for quite some time, so when I saw it in last month’s edition of Arizona Highways I decided that weekend was the perfect time to go. I had a great time.

The hike was pretty demanding. I’ll take the blame for that one. Between the trailhead and the destination was a “pass” through the mountains. But we had to climb at least 1,000 vertical feet to get through the pass. So, we had to do that ascent/descent twice both to and from the natural bridge.

Sergio is tough. He struggled at first (actually throwing up along the trail) and then decided to just keep hiking through the pain. He felt better after snacking on some peanuts. I’m glad he decided to keep on going because to me, the whole trip was definitely worth it.

Scott

Here are some pictures:

We went to Vultee Arch, by way of Sterling Pass


Sergio's bro and Adama sword fighting at the trailhead.


Sergio's bro, Adama and his girl friend


Yes, if you look closely, thats me on top of the arch

The trail went through these cool trees

Sergio and his brother

Us three friends

Spiderman (above) and karate kid (below)



This sure was a fun trip.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I like Karate Kid, he is funny:_)