November 24
An engineer, a lawyer and an accountant all went into the desert…. Sounds like a joke, but it wasn’t.
I went hiking with my nephew who is visiting from law school in DC and one of his friends (graduated in accounting). We went to Cave Creek, north of Phoenix (the actual creek, not the town).
The first 4 miles of the hike was a pleasant walk along the creek and the last 5 miles was more exercise than hike. The hikes second half views were “ok” and the trail was fairly rugged, leaving me quite exhausted at the end of the 9 mile loop (although according to my GPS the hike was closer to 10.5 miles).
Along the trail was a fairly large crested Saguaro, which was rather interesting to see close up. I’ve heard that is caused by a disease, but I don’t know for sure.
Scott
Here are some pictures of the hike.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Posted by Scott A. at 1:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed (xml)

No comments:
Post a Comment