Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hard Work Pays Off -

I didn't get to go on the April campout because I was studying, and preparing for my final exams. It was another competition with other troops. This competition was basically an outdoor cooking contest (although other scout skills were tested). Normally, I am quite confident that they will win the competitions, but I was not as sure this time (since a cooking contest is more subjective). But they did great. They again got the highest score possible and got the ‘Presidential Award’. They cooked Jambalaya (after my urging because when I was a kid my troop won a similar cooking contest with that recipe).

I wasn’t there to see them in action, but saw them prepare for it. Each week, they got together to practice making a portion of the meal. Their hard work paid off. I hope that is something they are learning while in scouts, “Hard Work Pays Off”.

In preparation they gave a ‘cooking demonstration’ to the rest of the youth group that meets in the same building the scouts do. Here are some pictures of that. They demonstrated how to make Dutch Oven Cobbler, how to cook an egg in an orange peel and a yummy cinnamon apple dessert.

Here are some of the pictures of that presentation.

Scott




No comments: