Thursday, November 30, 2006


Sorry for the delay-

The last time this was updated was before Thanksgiving. Whew, that seems like a long time ago. I’ve been pretty busy and a little sick. Whenever I got some free time I just went to bed (so I can get over this sickness).

So, where do I start?

Thanksgiving was great. The whole family met at one of my sister’s house to eat Turkey and be together. That was cool. One of the highlights for me was watching everyone watch a DVD Nathan and I made from one of my Grandpa and Grandma’s family albums. I tried to match up the pictures with music from the time. I guessed the photos were probably taken in the 40’s, so I chose 40’s music. Mostly Jazz/Big Band Music.

Lynette was taking pictures of shoes for her photography class. She is asking everyone to write their feelings about a particular pair of shoes. I liked reading my families stories. My favorite stories were from my Dad and Chanelle.

We also made tiny ginger bread houses. Since we pretty much make ginger bread houses every year at Thanksgiving my parents have devised some clever tactics to be able to produce a lot of homes with little effort. It seems like each year they think of something else to ‘streamline’ or ‘standardize’ the construction process. This year we had ‘pre-manufactured’ gingerbread houses—these houses were smaller than normal but easier and cheaper. Seriously, my folks could design gingerbread subdivisions faster and cheaper than any of the competition.

Pretty much the whole family was there (with the exception of a sister) and it was a lot of fun for everyone. I did make one interesting observation—for the most part Thanksgiving with the Andreasen’s is more about spending time together than about football. There were much more people outside chatting, playing games, or making gingerbread houses than there were in front of the TV watching the game. I never realized that before. Even though that is different from modern American culture I think that what we do is a good thing.

Scott






I caught Damian cheating again on camera...
It was just a wierd coincidence...
This time while playing Don't Eat Pete
Here he is eating Pete

The look on my Moms face is priceless.

No comments: